Friday, August 20, 2004

The Pastor's Helper
This post is especially for Jan.

Cole is currently under the impression that he is the pastor's helper. He has an "office" at the church. He carries a notepad and pen at church and has a meeting with the pastor each Wed. night at church. He had to call one of the adminstrators at church before we went on vacation to let them know he wouldn't be there. He insists on wearing a suit and tie every Sunday. He has been seen greeting people as they enter and passing out bulletins. Last night our pastor's wife called to talk to me and Cole answered the phone. I was outside with Chase and never received word that I had a phonecall. Apparently, when Dorothy called Cole didn't want to talk to her. He asked to speak to Pastor Chris. Here is what Dorothy heard from Pastor Chris: "Yes, let's wear our red ties on Sunday. Who do I like better? Hmmm... I guess Batman is better than Sponge Bob. See you on Sunday." Well, I guess I'd better get to ironing that dress shirt and finding that red tie before Sunday. LOL!

3 comments:

Jan said...

That is unbelievably adorable. I LOVE that little guy! He and Colin are sure to start a mega-church together someday!

Kyndal said...

Now that would be awesome! A church started by Colin and Cole. Colin could be in charge of music and worship and Cole could greet and preach. LOL

Robyn said...

that is HILARIOUS!